Upcoming Events The Week of August 15, 2016
MASTER GARDENER PRESENTS: FOOD PRESERVING Aug. 15 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: 625 Grand Avenue, Little Chute, WI 54140 United States
- Preserving your own vegetables is very satisfying. Join the Outagamie County Master Gardeners and the Outagamie County Master Food Preservers for this class as they take you through the steps of safely preserving your harvest.
MIDWEEK MATINEE Aug. 17 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Location: Kimberly Public Library 515 W Kimberly Avenue
- This month’s matinee is Miracles from Heaven, starring Jennifer Garner, Kylie Rogers and Martin Henderson. It tells the story of a young girl suffering from a rare digestive disorder who finds herself miraculously cured after surviving a terrible accident. Rated PG. Refreshments will be provided. Brought to you in partnership with the Kimberly Senior Citizens.
HOUDINI PLAZA OUTDOOR MOVIE SERIES: MONSTERS, INC. Aug. 17 8:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Location: Houdini Plaza 111 W. College Ave, Appleton, WI 54911 United States
- Join us for a free movie in Houdini Plaza on August 17th. The Trout Museum of Art presents Monsters Inc.! The Outdoor Movie Series is organized by Appleton Downtown Inc. and runs July 27th-Aug 24th on Wednesdays.
American Legion Corn Roast August 17, 2016 4:00pm
Location: 3220 W College Ave Appleton, WI 54914
- Annual Corn Roast. Cost is $10/adult and $5 for kids ages five to 12, and the fee includes all-you-can-eat corn-on-the-cob and refreshments. Burgers, hot dogs and brats will be available for a separate charge. Rock and roll band Vic Ferrari will provide live music at the event.
Menasha Farm Fresh Market August 18, 2016 2-6pm
Location: 100 Block of Main Street on Marina Place Menasha
- 32 spaces featuring fresh locally grown fruits, vegetables, flowers, herbs and plants in season; sustainably raised beef, poultry, pork, lamb & eggs; Wisconsin raised trout, both smoked and fresh, and smoked and fresh salmon; artisanal cheeses; homemade pickles and jams; honey & maple syrup in season; baked goods; locally crafted gift items, body care products, jewelry, doll clothes, garden art; and an array of ready to eat foods including kettle corn, egg rolls, wood fired pizza, brats and burgers. We have full season vendors along with a few surprises and treats each week, special events during the season, and our fantastic Hometown Halloween on closing day in October.
Heid Music Summer Concerts -Road Trip August 18, 2016 5:30-8:30pm
Location: Houdini Plaza College Ave. & Appleton St. Appleton
- Move & groove to the region's hottest live bands during FREE concerts. Before or after the concert, visit one of our 70+ local restaurants or bars for a bite to eat or something cool to drink.
HBA Fox Cities Summer Parade of Homes August 18, 2016 - August 21, 2016
August 18-19: 5-8pm August 20-21: 11am-5pm