Upcoming Events The Week Of August 8, 2016
EVENING WITH THE SYMPHONY Aug. 8 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: Paine Art Center and Gardens 1410 Algoma Blvd., Oshkosh
- Spend an evening at the Paine viewing the Audubon exhibition wandering the gardens, enjoying a reception in the Carriage House and courtyard and listening to live music in the Conservatory. Oshkosh Symphony Orchestra’s String Quartet will perform works that compliment the Paine’s summer exhibition, Audubon’s Birds of America, including Haydn’s “Bird” and Dvořák’s “American” string quartets.
Puppy Party Aug. 9 1:00 pm
Location: Neenah Public Library 240 East Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah
- Woof! You are invited to a Puppy Party at the Neenah Public Library on Tuesday, August 9, at 1:00 p.m. This event, for ages 3 and up, will feature a puppet show, puppy games, puppy tricks and treats, and a puppy craft. Children 8 and under must be on leash (just kidding) – they must be accompanied by an adult, however.
Live! From Hydro Park Kaukauna- Green Scree Kid August 10 5-8pm
Location: Hydro Park 100 Crooks Ave Kaukauna Wi
- Summer Concert Series every Wednesday. City of Kaukauna together with Appleton Rock School and Kaukauna Lions Club will be running this event.
Thursday Night at The Movies Featuring “The Lunch Box” Aug. 11 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: Appleton Public Library 225 N. Oneida St., Appleton
14TH ANNUAL DOOR COUNTY FESTIVAL OF FINE ARTS Aug. 13 10:00 am-5:00 pm
Location: Waterfront Park Sister Bay, WI 54234
- There is live music throughout the day by Birch Creek, David & Lynn Music and Jess Holland. Miss Door County, Hope Copisky, will also be at the Festival from11 a.m. – 2 p.m., lending a hand in the activities tent. Returning this year is a free entry drawing for pieces of fine artwork donated by participating DCFA artists. Anyone who attends the Festival is eligible to enter and will receive a complimentary raffle ticket!
Chicago The Band Aug. 13 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Location: Fox Cities Performing Arts Center 400 W. College Ave. , Appleton
- Chicago is the first American rock band to chart Top 40 albums in six decades. Known for their hits including “You’re The Inspiration,” “Call On Me,” “Beginnings” and more, the band’s lineup includes original band members Robert Lamm on keyboards and vocals, Lee Loughnane on trumpet, James Pankow on trombone and Walt Parazaider on woodwinds, as well as Jason Scheff on bass and vocals, Tris Imboden on drums, Keith Howland on guitar, Lou Pardini on keyboards and vocals, and Wally Reyes on percussion.